I'm sitting in Entebbe airport watching football on the big screen. Can't say I'm feeling particularly eloquent or sentimental. That could have something to do with the hour...pre 6am and I've been up since half 3, after a mere 3 hours sleep.
It's been an extremely busy week. I managed to squeeze in a few last shifts at the Bulrushes Babies Home and was amazed at how much my wee friends had grown in 2 short months. We were treated to a lovely traditional lunch in Bbira village during the week, hosted by some of the mothers there. It was a lovely opportunity to connect with the children. A young boy called Derek was rather taken with my hair and adorned me with some braids and a lovely hairstyle to enjoy lunch with. We then had a great game of footy - kids against Mzungu oldies. I'd like to say we held our own...
My last 2 days were spent running around with my head sawn off, getting ready to leap countries and adding an extra 16kg to my baggage allowance! Thankfully I'm just under my 30kg allowance, having left home with only 11kgs. Christmas is coming and I have a new red suitcase in tow. Ho!
So from here, I'll board my plane, arrive at Nairobi about 9am and hop straight on the safari bus. I anticipate a long, bumpy road to camp, which if I recall rightly is somewhere in the middle of the Masaai Mara. I pray the mosquitoes will be kind and that I have a double anointing of sleepy goodness. I have a feeling I'll be well past my used by date by the time the sun sets. After 5 days of touring around Kenya, marveling at God's creation, I'll then spend a couple of days lying low in Nairobi before embarking on my delightful 36 hour journey home. I'm likely to be offline until I hit Dubai airport, so until then be good everyone and I look forward to seeing you all soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment